Many of us, at some point in our lives experience green diarrhea after eating. The cause of this having an upset stomach right after meals can vary from one person to another, as well as having some other factors like being able to consume food that are expired or perhaps not at the best condition anymore.
Bloating Can Also Come Hand-In-Hand With Your Upset Stomach
Most often than not, you may also feel bloat whenever having an upset stomach right after a meal. This can lead to further dehydration due to constant toilet visits. Medical professionals normally recommend proper hydration for this instance, which includes the following:
If you are experiencing green diarrhea after eating and bloating, make sure, you hydrate your body through the following:
- Drink plenty of water (at least 8 glasses or more per day)
- Get drinks that contain salt and electrolytes to prevent further dehydration
- Take in juices high in potassium
- If a child is experiencing upset stomach after eating, give your child Pedialyte (a known drink to replenished washed out electrolytes of the body during diarrhea)
Nonetheless, if you are experiencing diarrhea after eating more frequently, and you instantly feel the rumbling of gas in your stomach, you can check on several extra treatments I have for you below, which may include medications and some modifications to the way you eat.
Medications for upset stomach can be purchased OTC (over-the-counter), so you need not to worry about having the proper prescription. However, if you want to be sure of getting the best and most effective medicine that will not harm your health further or aggravate the situation, seek a professional doctor first, in order to have your condition diagnosed and get the best medication that will work for you. In addition, having an upset stomach for three consecutive days can endanger your health. Seek your doctor’s clinic at once, if this happens.
What Are The Main Causes Of Green Diarrhea After Eating?
As stated earlier, the main causes of having an upset stomach after meals can differ from one person to another. However, just to name a few common causes, please refer to the list below:
- The person tends to consume food more than what his or her body can digest
- The person is lactose intolerant
- The person is suffering from being food intolerant
- The food is contaminated with bacteria and other germs that can cause upset stomach
- The person is suffering from having irritable bowel syndrome
Prevention And Further Treatment
Diarrhea after eating can be prevented properly if your condition is properly diagnosed. The doctor can detect if you are having such discomfort if your body is not capable of taking in certain nutrients, or if you simply consumed contaminated foods. You must stay away from foods and drinks that contains too much caffeine, grease, milk, and fiber while you are suffering from such condition, because these are foods that can trigger your upset stomach.